A daily, curated musical hour on KSEF digital radio; airs at 11a + 11p
Someone has nominated you to curate a musical hour on KSEF. Please use the form below and when complete, it’s your turn to nominate another rockin’ lady. CHEERS!
Pick 8 to 12 songs for your music hour. Use the form below to submit.
20-minute interview via phone to discuss your playlist and other general questions. (Example questions below.)
Pick your air date (shows are aired twice, at 11a and 11p)
Pass the mic and nominate the next rockin’ lady to be featured and share their musical point of view.
Tell the world to tune in!
Thank you for rockin’ – Cheers!
WOMEN WHO ROCK on KSEF
KSEF is a digitally licensed broadcast and pays royalties. Therefore, almost any published song is available for you to play. Local music is procured and purchased by the station directly from the artist.
Your curated music hour should be broadly focused on Women Who Rock (so female featured musician or female focused songs) and may include any combination of national, international or local music.
It’s your show, so try and tell a story with your musical picks. Perhaps they are simply your favorites or songs that shaped you as a person. Perhaps your musical hour is a bit more thematic:
- Totally ’80s b/c it’s your favorite musical decade
- Hits from female singers in the year 1981 – the year you were born
- Songs for your mother. Songs about motherhood. Songs featuring mother / daughters
- Gender benders
- Songs for every emotion
- Black female artists
- Female song writers (they don’t have to be the performer)
- Favorite show-tunes featuring lead female
Recording takes 20 minutes and should be done from your computer (in a quite location). You may also interview on your phone or in person. (If you have experience and prefer to record on your own, just let me know and I’ll send you a link and station identification information. 785-249-3126)
ABOUT THE SHOW
“WHY” you picked the songs you did? What theme or story are you sharing? What do you feel like expressing?
Additional questions may include:
LOCAL MUSIC SCENE
- Favorite Venue
- Place to listen / find new music
- Favorite local band
MUSIC + YOU
- How often do you listen to music?
- Can you sing? (well)?
- What song forces you to dance?
- Interesting music experience or story.
- What music did you listen to as a kid (or were exposed to)?
- How do you consume music (digital, cd, vinyl)?
- Organizations or causes you are involved with.
- Upcoming events or anything local you feel like sharing.
Please submit 8 to 12 songs for your curated Women Who Rock show on KSEF Digital Radio Topeka. The form is split up into four sections with 3 songs each.